Trash Services

Effective December 14, 2020, Republic Services will become the new solid waste service provider for Greatwood. For information on your collection schedule, please visit

Carts should be placed out for service by 7 a.m. on the day of collection, but no earlier than 6 p.m. the evening before.  All garbage and recycling items must be contained within the designated cart for service. If you need assistance moving the garbage and recycle carts to the curb, please visit for information on the Cart Assistance Program. Residents can also call 3-1-1 or 281-275-2900 for enrollment assistance.

Carts should be placed in the street with the wheels against the curb and the lid closed. Carts should be placed at least 3 feet from obstacles, such as mailboxes, vehicles and other carts.

Construction refuse, demolition debris, and hazardous or electronic wastes should not be placed in the garbage or recycle carts. Residents should utilize the Fort Bend County Recycling Center to properly dispose of household hazardous waste and electronics.

Please recycle only the accepted materials. Ensure that all items are empty, clean and dry before placing them in your cart. Textile collection is also provided on the same day as your recycle service. Items should be placed in an orange Simple Recycling collection bag or in a customer-owned container with a city-supplied label affixed to it. Visit to print the label or order collection bags.

Green waste items such as grass clippings, leaves, brush and tree limbs should be placed out for collection on your designated green waste service day. This collection is different than your garbage and recycle collection. Green waste items can be placed in a reusable container or in bags that are then tied. Tree limbs should be less than 4 inches in diameter and less than 4 feet in length, or less than 2 feet in length with a diameter of between 4 and 6 inches. Bundling of tree limbs is not required, but recommended.

All residents will receive a bulky waste collection once a month. This service is provided for items too large to fit in the garbage cart. This does not include construction, demolition, hazardous or electronic wastes.

On-call bulk cardboard collection is provided for quantities of cardboard that are too large to fit in the recycle cart. To request this service, contact Republic Services at 713-726-7307.

The City of Sugar Land also accepts used cooking oil and passenger tires at the Public Works Service Center located at 101A Gillingham Ln. Residents may dispose of up to 10 gallons of liquid cooking oil and four passenger tires with the rims removed per day at no charge. All customers must check-in prior to utilizing the drop-off facility.

Solid waste collection will take place on all holidays except Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day. If your collection falls on one of these holidays, your service will take place on the following day. Residents also receive an additional bulky waste collection following the holidays. Visit for additional information.

Additional information on all available solid waste programs can be found at

For questions or concerns: 3-1-1 or 281-275-2900, [email protected]

Trash Pickup Days

All Greatwood residents trash pick-up:

Garbage Collection: Tuesday and Friday

Recycle Collection: Friday

Textile Collection: Tuesday

Green Waste Collection: Friday

Bulk Waste Collection: Enter Address